Chancel floor framing exposed and chancel protection installed
The suspended ceiling in the chapel has been removed exposing the wood framing dating from 1890 as well as some probably from 1845. The marble altar and communion rail have now been protected as have some of the windows.
Chancel framing. That on the left dates from the 1890 extension. To the right the lower boards support the nave floor and may date from 1845
Exterior brick wall of the chancel can be seen.
Wood frame protects the marble altar and rail. Staind glass windows are protected
Glass above thenew space created for the piano is protected
Pews on the east side are protected
Scaffold reaches from sided to side and to the ceiling will provide a wall between the chancel (where most of the demolition dust will originate) from the rest of the nave.