Work on footings continues. Original foundation found
The base of the first two footings has been poured. Work is proceeding slowly as the excavation, which has to be done by hand, is encountering a considerable amount of stone. The rear wall of the original chancel has been exposed and is obstructing the planned location of several of the new footings.
The first pour of concrete in the new footing. It extends beneath the 1890 foundation.
The “wall” across the center is part of the south wall of the original chancel
In this area the wall from 1845 was cut away to provide a location for an early heating system.
Stone from the original footing used as infill when the chancel was extended in 1890
Re-bar awaiting installation in the new footings